HCI Systems, a family owned company established in 2012, is one of the leading providers of high-quality electrical wiring solutions to the motorsport, including Formula One, defence and automotive arenas.
Based in Newport, Shropshire, the company has an enviable reputation based on high quality wiring harness design and manufacture for low voltage and electric vehicles as well as providing complimentary technologies such as power management systems, switch panels and bespoke electronics systems working to customer specifications.
Due to the continued success of the business both in established and new market places, HCI Systems are looking to recruit a trainee wiring harness assembly technician to join the team and further assist the company in its growth plans.
Full training will be given to enable you to have a successful career with HCI
The key functions of the role:
- To build, from a detailed drawing, automotive wiring harnesses to a high quality and in a timely manner.
- To build, from a detailed drawing, motorsport / defence sealed system wiring harnesses to a high quality and in a timely manner.
- Assembly of simple single crimp large diameter HV cables through to the high-pressure delivery of complex and challenging Formula One harnesses
- Coordination of deliverables with colleagues
- Manage own time to achieve harness delivery targets
- Be able to work under pressure to achieve tight deadlines in a calm and clean workshop environment whilst achieving the highest quality products for our customers
- Kitting of the harness and preparation of the build area can be required
Education / Experience / Attributes required:
- 5 GCSE’s Graded C or above as a minimum or equivalent
- Attention to detail and good hand eye coordination
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Flexible approach to working hours to allow tight deadlines to be achieved
- Customer and quality focussed attitude
- Comply with the Health, Safety and Environmental Policies
- Proactively contribute to creating a good team atmosphere
- Anticipates and overcomes obstacles
- Makes useful links to arrive at insightful plans and solutions
- Embraces personal challenge
- Confident, rounded thinking
- Takes ownership for team cohesion
- A self-starter, motivated and able to positively motivate others
- Focused, hands on, target driven with a positive, can-do attitude
- An understanding of Microsoft products such as excel and word
- Familiarity with MRP systems
- IPC training
- Ability to understand Electrical Wiring Harness schematics
- A passion in Motorsport is always a welcome addition